My life has changed drastically since last year of December, which marked my departure from windows and entry into Linux. Fed up with windows and its cumbersome ways, I found myself in the realms of linux and created my first home in Crunchbang. Everything was snazzy and I had tons to learn. The community provided me all the basic knowledge I needed to enjoy a full linux environement without any reliance on windows.
A few months down the road, I am a regular user on the forums and IRC who helps new users find their home in linux. I even wrote two linux guides that fully explain how to setup a perfectly working linux environment. Yet, I am still amazed that I went from a GUI (Graphical User Interface) environment to an almost all CLI (Command Line Interface) environment.
As of December, I wrote another linux guide in the crunchbang forums about how to setup a conveniently functional CLI environment for Siduction with scrotwm as the default window manager. For this year (2011), I am grateful for having a PC the way I like it and the many new friends that I have found via linux.
As for the new year to come, I hope to accomplish the following.
- Enrich my nursing and linux knowledge.
- Become a better cook.
- Be a more compassionate person.
- Learn how to build a fileserver.
- Learn how to fix several things in a car.
- Learn how to maintenance my own bike.
- Make lots of money from my occupation and my hobbies
- Convert some windows adverts to linux mentors.
- Make life easier than 2011.
- Survive 2012.